Monday, April 5, 2010


i was out working in my garden on saturday(before easter), just catching up on everything-planting, watering.........my 2 peach trees were out in full bloom and i had an apple that was starting to bloom. this is a blossom on my peach tree that hailey took a picture of for me.
i might have fruit this year!! ever since i put in a garden and fruit trees, the goats have found a way in and munched on my trees and garden. mike worked very hard at putting up electric fencing and a picket fence to keep the animals out of my garden!! so this might be the first year that i get fruit. i also sprayed a organic dormant oil about 2 weeks ago when it looked like things might bloom.
my seed starting experiment is slow going. things are sprouting very slowly, so when i was out with sheila last thur. i bought some tomatoes and peppers and a couple of herbs that i didn't have. the tomatoes and peppers are what i felt really needed a head start as plants rather than waiting for the seeds to sprout and grow.
i am in florida now with sallie and paula and hopefully hailey will keep up the watering so everything does ok. we left easter sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment